Wednesday, August 04, 2004

My complaint to Toyota, Part 2

Well, Toyota responded this morning:

Response (Michael) 08/04/2004 07:59 AM

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apologize, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. only handles inquiries for vehicles sold in the United States and manufactured to U.S. specifications. Please contact Toyota Canada, Inc. for further assistance with your inquiry.

Toyota Canada, Inc.
1 Toyota Place
Scarborough, ON
Canada M1H 1H9
888-869-6828

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience


An invitation to complete a customer survey followed this message. I responded to the questions about their Web site and customer service as follows:

I don't feel it's proper to expect people to create an account before they can submit questions or comments to your company. Someone (or some group) should be monitoring a feedback@toyota.com address. I felt my comments were important enough to warrant registering with your Web site; I doubt many others would bother.

As for the response I received, I was simply sluffed off to the Toyota Canada based on my location; it's obvious that the person didn't even read my complaint, since it had nothing to do with a vehicle I'd purchased (their excuse for the rebound). If anything, my complaint should've been forwarded on (by them, not me) to the appropriate department of Toyota Worldwide.


Up next: Part 3: Toyota Canada, Inc.

No comments: